|Market Cycle||Steps To Start Trading||Technical Analysis||Stock Analysis|
|Support and Resistance||Futures||Options||Price and Volume|
|Highs and Lows||Trends|
Technical Analysis Definition
Technical analysis is a study of historical price and volume of the stock to predict its future behavior. Technical analyst study these price movement and identify formation of patterns that are formed repeatedly and the behavior of price after formation of patterns. If probability of price movement after these pattern, in certain direction, is very high then, analyst can bet on the buying or selling of the stock.
Basic principles of Technical analysis Technical Analysis is based on these three principles:
1. Price Discounts Everything: Technical analyst believe in efficient-market hypothesis (EMH). This means the current value of the stock, is fair value of the stock and has correctly factored in all the information that could affect the price of the stock at any given point of time.
2. Price Moves in Trends: Technical analyst believes that share price moves in trends whether upward or downward or sideways. And they will continue to do so in future. They go by this assumption to trade in stocks.
3. History Repeats Itself: Technical analyst believe that market movement in a certain situation would be similar to its movement in the past. Or Investors in certain scenario, even though they are irrational, will behave in similar way as they behaved in past. These typical movements are studied by analyst and are used to take advantage in trading stocks for a given situation.
On Analyzing stock movement in greater details, technical analysis helps to find two things.
1. Demand & supply. If technical indicators suggest that there could be surge in demand then price may shoot up and vice versa. Some indicators like
gauge over bought and oversold conditions. If indicators suggest sustained demand/supply, then stock moves in trend. Some indicators like MACD & Moving Average helps to find beginning of trend or end or reversal, while some like ADX tells about trend strength, while some tries to find where and how money is flowing.
2. Possible behavior of traders/investors in certain situation. Price movement of shares tend to follow certain trends, this is a result of traders tendency to react in certain way after some news. These behaviors results in typical chart pattern. Chartist carefully observes price and volume to see strength or weakness of the trends and try to take advantage of emotional decision taken by the parties. Similar market cycle, accumulation/distribution and chart patterns like triple top, resistance line are observed again and again.
Minimum Period for Technical analysis In contrast to fundamental analysis, technical analysis can be applied at any period of time from few minutes to many years. Owing to shorter time interval, they have become extremely popular with day traders and swing traders who trade may trade several times a day or may trade in duration of few trading days to few weeks to few month.
Next: Technical Analysis Explained Part II
Total Comments 11
| Posted by nalini |
Posted on: 11-Mar-2019
| Posted by Admin |
Posted on: 01-Jan-2019
|Please give a little detail. |
Thanks Site Admin
| Posted by ahir |
Posted on: 30-Dec-2018
|bollinger band is not showing|
| Posted by anand |
Posted on: 08-Jan-2018
When i am manually calculating ROA (return on Assets) for Ginni stock it,s coming 0.21 but as per this website it's 0.032 can u provide formula so that i can check with my formula
Thanks in advance
| Posted by Guest |
Posted on: 14-Aug-2017
|Well explained in simple language. |
| Posted by Guest |
Posted on: 18-Mar-2015
|Admin@@@@ can you explain me what it mean that when the stock move Lower High and Higher Low......|
| Posted by smart india |
Posted on: 30-Nov-2014
|very (soft) software, but advance technical indicators is short , just like (linear regression forecas),|
| Posted by pankaj |
Posted on: 10-Nov-2014
|very useful information in simple language to understand. |
| Posted by Vikas |
Posted on: 07-Nov-2014
|Concerned with this technical analysis, I really appreciate and feel valuable informative. Since I'm retired person, aged 60, wish to learn more in this subject. If possible, kindly provide such material / your regular bulletin etc. on my mail. firstname.lastname@example.org|
| Posted by sanjay |
Posted on: 13-Jul-2014
|Impressed with the simplicity as a beginner.|
| Posted by Trendy |
Posted on: 03-Feb-2014
|Hi Hari, |
Daily stock tips is provided in the homepage ie http://www.topstockresearch.com/ with explanation.
You can refer that
| Posted by HARI |
Posted on: 11-Nov-2013
|Please suggest 1 or 2 stocks or indices for intraday and short term trading and explain why it was picked sor the next day so that we can learn to pick sstocks meor easily and it would be of immense help to students like me|